Fisher Price does not only provide you with fun toys that you can purchase, but it also has free downloads that will entertain your child – free printable shapes for toddlers.
It is very important for kids to learn their shapes. Kids who do exercises and establish the identity of shapes have better skills for learning math, reading and writing. That’s because if a toddler knows his or her shapes, they can also in turn identify numbers and letters and obviously symbols.
Not to mention that all of this broadens the boundries of the games that they can play, and how much they can learn to use in interaction with other toddlers.That’s why having a toddler play with things such as blocks with the combinations of shapes and numbers on them really creates a rich learning experience for them.
So just go to www.fisherprice.com and:
- Drag your mouse over their Games & Activities
- A drop down menu will appear, and you will have the option to click on Online Games
- In the Online Games section, there are two segments to choose from that will serve your purpose – Print & Color Cards and then Print & Color Pages.
- You will have 11 shapes that you can click on. If you click on each one, a PDF file will load in the same web browsing page.
- You can print them out from there for free.
- Match them up with a couple crayons, and put your toddler to work! Because as Fisher Price’s website puts it, “Coloring is a wonderful way for kids to identify shapes. Our printable shapes coloring pages give kids examples of basic shapes in a big picture format that’s perfect for little hands to color. Just print them out and watch your child’s understanding take shape!”
Of course like any other learning experience, the longer you sit with your toddler at the beginning to talk them through their experience, the more they’ll learn, and the more they’re likely to be entertained by the activity. You can even teach them letters through this exercise by writing the word of the shape inside of it, and spelling out the word outlout while pointing to each letter. I know my toddler actually gets a kick out of that. And don’t worry, if you don’t know what a shape is called, they’re labeled for you ; – D. That is why these free printable shapes for toddlers are a perfect way to burn through a rainy day!