We were asked to type up our favorite summer recipes for my son’s kindergarden glass, so I figured I would share it with you all! Hopefully it’ll bring a warm breeze to your heart, as you think of hotter days! ; – )
Simple Pasta Primavera
This recipe is a perfect, quick, meal solution with most of your food groups!
Prep time: About 15 minutes
- One box of (8 servings) Barilla Penne Pasta
- One pint of grape tomatoes
- 8 oz container of mozzarella bites
- 2 oz of grated fresh basil
- 8 oz of grilled chicken cubes OR 6 oz of tuna (Optional)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- Bring water to a boil
- Add salt to water
- Mix in salt
- Add pasta box to water and cook 7-9 minutes so it is to “Al Dente” firmness
- While pasta is cooking, put olive oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and/or optional protein source of chicken or tuna into large pasta serving bowl.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain pasta (DO NOT RINSE).
- (Optional step) If you like extra moisture to your pasta, place a clean, small bowl underneath your strainer to catch some of the clean, boiled water. Add about 3 oz of the water to the pasta mixture to add moisture.
- Let pasta cool in strainer for about 3 minutes (Not too long, or it will stick).
- Place pasta in bowl wit hthe rest of the ingredients and toss!
- Voila, you’ve got your quick and simple Pasta Primavera.